Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Sweet Escape

Do you know that moment when you are completely consumed in another thought and fall away from reality? That is called Mindyland - well, for me it is anyway. Growing up, many people deemed me shy, or at the very least, quiet. And up until I met my dear fiance, I agreed with these people. In fact they are right- I was quiet, and shy was an understatement, but why?


I'll tell you why. Because I was in Mindyland. I never realized it, or just never thought to name it until Bubba so accurately described my staring off into space and glazed-over look. I find myself drifting in and out of Mindyland often, especially when I'm really in deep thought about something. Sometimes my mind just wonders and I find myself thinking of totally random and incredible thing, and it's great!


Today, during an unexpectedly stressful moment, Bubba told me not to worry and just retreat to Mindyland for a few minutes and everything would be ok. So I did, and he was right, everything was fine. I let him know that I wished Mindyland was a real place, and that I'd never leave. He so perfectly replied with, "I live in it, and it's a wonderful place-I'll never leave."


And that my friends, is why he is the man I'm going to marry! :)


(This is what Mindyland should/will/can/does look like)

No comments:

Post a Comment