Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

Skipping Spring

"April showers bring May flowers," this old saying is one that typically holds true...not this weekend however. Without a cloud in sight, the temperatures reached almost 90 and not a bit of humidity. (And if you know Southern Maryland, you know how awfully humid it can be in the summer!) Colton's Point never ceases to amaze me. No matter what the temperature else where, it seems to always be about 10 degrees cooler at the Point, which was ideal this weekend after being on a ball field in the hot sun all day. Sunday evening was the perfect time for me to add a little life to the cottage and plant some new flowers. Lucky for me I have a mother who could probably be a professional landscaper who helped me (did it for me) plant a few flowers.

This weekend was the official start to the women's slowpitch softball league as well. I've played for a few different teams in my time in the women's league, but hopefully this team is where I stay. Playing for Captain Sams is nice, it's close to home and all of the girls are really fun. Unfortunately we didn't fair so well this weekend in the tournament. We are lacking an experienced pitcher, and that hurt us. It allowed us to see what we needed to improve on though. My Dad is helping coach this year, and my sister Marci is also playing, so it's like a family affair. It's been years since we've played together with him as our coach, and it's surprisingly a lot of fun.

This busy weekend also held time for good times with great friends. I was able to see and spend just a little time with the cutest baby boy in the world, Jakey. Got to reconnect with my softball buddies and new additions to the team, and even made time to hear "Adam Lyon Jr. III" sing at Andersons. (Be sure to join his fan club, he's going to take us with him as his posse when he makes it big on American Idol). Overall, this was a great weekend, and hopefully just the beginning of the fun that is in store for summer 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment