Pages

Friday, May 1, 2009

Garden & Gun

(images from gardenandgun.com)
Even though it's true that magazines, newspapers and pretty much any form of print media is dying out, I have found a magazine that I absolutely LOVE. I discovered Garden & Gun when I switched Doctors over the winter, and was waiting to be seen for about 45 minutes...I was annoyed that it was taking so long, but who am I kidding, it's a doctors office, and 45 minutes isn't that bad compared to some other places. Anyway, while I was waiting I picked up this magazine and fell in love. The title, Garden & Gun, is pretty self explanatory, but it goes beyond that. It is a magazine that prides itself on being the "Soul of the New South" and highlights some of the areas, businesses, farms, traditions, restaurants, etc. that makes the South what it is. Garden & Gun portrays the South in such a beautiful and interesting way, it's hard to pick up an issue and not long to take a vacation just to slow down for a weekend and become a Southerner yourself.














I love Southern heritage and traditions, and hope that it is a lifestyle that continues on for many years. Garden & Gun allows me to escape to the South if only for a few minutes and has Bubba on the edge of his seat reading about hunting, guns, cooking, and more hunting! We love this magazine, and if you have any interest in the ways of the South, I suggest you give it a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment