Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Congratulations, Cousin!

This weekend gave us a little sneak peek at what Spring is going to have in store for us. And it was beautiful. Unfortunately I was a little more under the weather than I expected and didn’t get to enjoy it as much as I had hoped. But I did get the chance to see something that really made my heart smile.

My cousin, an 8th grade middle school student, is involved in different Recreations and Parks activities, including youth basketball. This past weekend he, along with several other selected students, received a very special honor, the Will Smith Leadership Award.


Will Smith was the type of person many others looked up to. A star on the athletic front with a personality to match, Will tragically lost his life while attending Becker College in Worcester Massachusetts. A truly devastating event for his friends and family, Recreation and Parks Recreation Division Manager Arthur Shepherd along with Will’s parents created the Will Smith Leadership Award to honor the positive influence he made in the community.

Congratulations to my dear cousin, Myles, for winning one of the Will Smith Leadership Awards this past weekend. Way to go buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment