Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

Almost, Definitely, Maybe

I have a great admiration for those few and far between people out there who can honestly say that they are truly, undeniably happy in life. And I'm not saying this to be a Debbie Downer or for people to think I am unhappy, because that couldn't be further from the truth; In fact I am very happy, generally speaking. The happiness I am referring to is what I like to call, "Professional Perfection". These are the people you see who have or who are doing the most interesting and FUN jobs in the world. How do you get to that level of happiness in your profession? I mean really, could there be a better job than a photographer who gets to travel the world and take beautiful pictures of all the sights they see? Or what about a famous musician or singer who has the pleasure of knowing they make millions of people happy just because of their extraordinary God-given talent?

I suppose what I am trying to say is that people who are truly content with their professions are typically those with A-typical jobs. It's hard today, in this recession and debt-filled country we live in to be able to pursue our wildest dreams and make a living off of it. However, these entrepreneurs are some of the people in the world who I admire most. To take matters into your own hands and put your heart and soul into what you love to do is admirable. And only those with passion, confidence and intelligence, I feel, are the ones who succeed.

Lately I've been wondering what exactly my niche is that would allow me to really throw myself into my work and be happy knowing that I LOVE what I am doing, and as long as I am happy, I will be ok. And I think I am getting closer to an answer-(Almost-Definitely-Maybe)-that I believe is the key to my "Professional Perfection"...


Here is just one of the things that makes me happy outside of my professional life:

After being in Ocean City for the weekend, I was welcomed home by these beautiful flowers and sweet note on my kitchen table from my Bubbles! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Never give up on your dreams and aspirations. Goals are important, you need them to keep you on track! Hang in there my girl, you will find your "niche". I'm sure of it!

    ReplyDelete