Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Done with winter...

This picture doesn't do it justice, but the island (St. Clement's that is) was looking quite mysterious and beautiful this morning around 6:45am. Sometimes with that cold winter air blasting off the river I forget how lucky I am to live in such a beautiful place. Colton's Point is like one of those neighborhoods out of a movie. It's like slipping back to a place where you lose all concepts of time and you just enjoy your natural surroundings by fishing, walking, gardening, cooking, etc. Basically I love it.

I also love the fact that the sun has decided to show it's face again! I've read about people who are affected by the seasons, I really believe there is truth to this. When it's cold out, everything looks grey and it's dark before you even get home from work, I'm always tired and some-what moody. But now that the sun has made an appearance the past few days, I feel completely energized and ready for spring/summer. In fact, on my way home yesterday as I made my way past Capt. Sam's ball field I got the sudden urge to get out on the diamond and play some ball. Corny, I know, but that's just how it is.

I am going to 2 bridal shows this weekend AND dress shopping on Monday...so I'm sure I'll have PLENTY of blogging to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment