Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

And we're makin' plans...

I must apologize, I haven't exactly been keeping a steady flow with my little blog here. My high school basketball coach once told me that I had an excuse for EVERYTHING, and he's right. I always have an excuse, and this time, it's a really good one! I haven't had a chance to write on here the past few days because I was busy buying my wedding dress. That's right, I took the plunge and we purchased the most beautiful gown I could imagine. Without giving too much away since I know my fiance reads this on occasion and he refuses to see it or hear about the dress before the wedding day, I have to say this dress is pretty much perfect. I found it at a quaint little bridal shop called Ellie's in Old Town Alexandria this past weekend. I don't want to jinx myself by praising them too much, but I have to say I had a pretty pleasant experience. They were a little scatterbrained at times, but all in all they were very helpful and very friendly.


I actually tried on MY dress 3 times before deciding it was the one for me. You see, I was in Alexandria for a bridal expo on Saturday, popped in to see what they had on our way home and it was the 2nd to last one I tried on. I knew I liked it, but seeing as I had an appointment at David's Bridal on Monday, I knew I should wait. So Monday rolls around and David's has a beautiful dress that my grandmother fell in love with. And I have to admit, I loved it too, especially when they put the veil on me. That made it all seem so real. Torn, I decided I wanted my sister and grandmother to see the one I couldn't get out of my mind that was in Alexandria. So we told David's we'd be back and headed up the road to VA. We get to the shop and there it was, MY dress. It looked so lonely just hanging on the rack. I tried it on and I instantly knew I liked it better than the one at David's. It just suited my personality better. It's hard to describe really. I didn't cry and bawl and say, "OH THIS IS IT, THIS IS THE ONE!" like all the bridal shows on TV, but I did know this is what I looked good in, felt comfortable in, and would be truly happy with. So they measured me and we put in the order. So in the next 5 months I will have a brand new wedding dress fresh and ready for small alterations.


I keep hearing everyone complain about wedding planning and how awful it is, but I'm loving it! Anyone out there trying to go into business with me?! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment