Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Community

Oh lord, it's already February. I feel like I've been failing as a blogger lately, but that's beside the point. I'm posting now and hopefully I'll be able to stay on top of things and post more often.

So it's February and it's FREEZING. St. Mary's County has been seeing more snow than I can ever remember us having. EVER. And we're supposed to be getting more this weekend. Hopefully it will stay north of us and our temperatures will stay high enough that it won't be too bad. But who am I kidding, even if we don't get the full impact, it will probably still be miserable weather.

On a lighter, more positive note: I am taking an Introduction to Digital Photography class through the local community college, CSM. My mom purchased this class for me as a Christmas present since she knows how much I love photography. And though the class has started off a little slow, I think it's going to be an enjoyable one. Though I have to admit, it does remind me of the new NBC show with Joel McHale called, "Community". If you haven't seen it, you should check it out, its very random, but pretty funny. And what makes it even more hilarious is when you can actually relate. I am 1 of probably 2 people in my class under the age of 30. MAYBE the only one, I'm not entirely sure. That in itself is a strange new experience for me. There are also such different personalities that fill the class, it really proves that NBC did its research with "Community" as it is spot on with all of the characters. So by the end of this 9 week course I'm sure I will have enhanced my knowledge of photography, and hopefully made some new and unique friends!

Our class requires us to take a different picture each week based on what we've gone over in class, new techniques we've learned, etc. and post them on our flickr account. I actually took 2 pictures for this weeks assignment, but decided to go with the Sunrise photo as my class contribution. BUT I'll let you see both of them :)




No comments:

Post a Comment