Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Loving Life in the Point

Colton's Point is a beautiful place; A beautiful place that Bubba and I are lucky enough to call home! We have the sweetest neighbors, a quaint and quiet little cottage, and some pretty breathtaking views if I do say so myself. Nights like tonight are a prime example of why I love life here in the Point...It's July 8th and the breeze coming off the water is so cool we still have the windows open and no AC on, the sun setting casts a beautiful glow on everything it touches, and our dear neighbors brought us each a slice of lemon meringue pie before settling in for the night! Sometimes it feels like a scene out of a movie, and I love every minute of it.

So as we trek somewhat to the edge of the mid-west this weekend for a family reunion, of my grandfather's side of the family, I wanted to leave you all with some shots I took walking around the point this evening:

An old tree right on the edge of the beach at the end of our street.

Bubba re-baiting his crab pots on the end of our pier. Like I said, the sunset makes for a dreamy backdrop!

And my favorite shot-the old car and barn-every time I walk past this place (which has an even cuter and vintage cottage tucked away in the trees and facing the river) I can't help but stop and adore it. It fascinates me!

No comments:

Post a Comment