Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Just Another Reason...

Why I love the Point.  Even when it's HOT outside, it's still beautiful and there is almost always a steady breeze to keep you cool.  Amidst the chaos that is my life right now, I was able to catch a peaceful and playful break on Sunday.  Our favorite little rascal came down to visit (and no, I'm not talking about our old groundhog friend).  Bubba's nephew Jake was spending some time with his Pop Pop and Maw Maw so they decided to drive down and bring him to the "beach".  Our poor little beach isn't much, but it's still got sand and water, therefore it's a functioning beach.  Only 2, Jakey loves the water.  He is very comfortable in it and shows no signs of being scared.  Which could be a bad thing, but I think with a few swimming lessons here and there he'll be a pro in no time.


Even though the water was rough, Jake still wanted to get in.  Tip-toeing around the edge he was just waiting for someone to pick him up and venture out into the Potomac.  It was so sweet and relaxing to see him so happy just to be in the water.  Not to mention getting in myself and hanging out on the beach with my mom, future in-laws and Bub.  This is why I love the summer, even if I do have to remind myself of it during these 100 degree days!

No comments:

Post a Comment