Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Showers Galore!

I have to say, I am a pretty lucky girl.  I have been blessed with two loving families that are so kind and thoughtful that they threw me not 1, but 2 bridal/wedding showers!  The first was a romantic riverside shower complete with princess tent, pink goodie bags, rock candy and big hats.  Hosted by my lovely sister and made-of-honor, Marci, it was absolutely gorgeous.  Sweltering hot, but gorgeous.


[Our delicious cake, topped with Robin Hood and Maid Marian...my childhood crush and Bubba's childhood hero, view of the tent from the road, the cute little gift bags put together by my mother, and moi opening gifts with my bridesmaids in our oh-so-stylish hats!]


Fast forward a few weeks and we're on to shower number 2, with a twist!  This shower was hosted by Bubba's mom and sisters, Ashley and Sarah and was a co-ed wedding shower for the both of us.  It was held at Gilbert Run park, and was set up with a laid-back picnic type feel.  Despite an insane amount of rain, it was a blast!  There was multitudes of yummy food, cute kids, awesome presents and even a few dogs.

[Opening gifts in our stylish bride and groom hats, nephew Jake enjoying the rain, all of our specially wrapped gifts, and another gorgeous and delicious cake!]


Thank you so much to everyone who made our 'shower' experiences so wonderful.  The weather may not have cooperated for either of them, but that just means the wedding day should be perfect, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment