Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

My Unusual Weekend

My weekend was fairly unusual, but in a good way.  I didn't spend it at a wedding, shower, party, doctor, show, etc. Friday was my day off from work and I spent most of it with these two wonderful people:


Nan and Pa, Boyd and Janet, Nanny Goat and Pappy.  Whatever you prefer to call them, I spent a lot of time with my grandparents this weekend and it was so nice.  It was simple and unplanned, but it made for a memorable time.  Pa bought a new computer and printer last week, so I helped him set it all up and install everything he needed.  *Special note to anyone wishing to see Pa- He may NEVER come out of his "Pin" now that he has a fully functioning computer.  If you want to visit with him you might want to shoot him an email and make an appointment ;)  I also got to just sit with Nan and catch up on things we normally don't.  It really felt like one of the carefree days when I was younger and I got to spend the night with them, or if they would watch me while I was home sick from school.

When we moved back to the 7th from Leonardtown, I was about 8 or 9 years old.  And just a few short years later, we added on to our house and they came to live beside us.  So really we were very lucky in having our grandparents so close, but it did mean we constantly had to share our time with them between the 3 of us.  So this weekend, hanging out with them by myself was really a treat.

Another fun thing I got to do this weekend was go watch my cousin, Myles, play basketball in the Recreation and Parks league.  I've been watching him play since he was little, and haven't had a chance to catch a game yet this year.  Better late than never, this was their South Division regular season championship game and they WON!  Tonight they start the league playoffs at Chopticon High School.  I have to say it will feel good to be back in my old gym for basketball, but very weird that I won't be the one playing.


Good luck tonight, Wildcats!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment