Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Rivah'

My dad has been connected to the water, more specifically the Potomac River (aka the 'Rivah') since he was born.  His parents worked the water together the majority of their lives, as well as the Morris relatives before them.  It's in their blood, it's what they do.  And it's what my dad did too, but times changed and it's nearly financially impossible to simply work the water today without an additional income, or two.

Having sold the boat he worked out of several years ago, he decided to get one made, that way it would be exactly what he wanted.  After several trips back and forth to the Eastern Shore, he finally got his dream boat: The Rose Marie.  Ok, well he hasn't painted a name on it yet, but I'm pretty sure that's what he's going to call it, in honor of his late mother and my grandmother, MawMaw.



He wants to get a cabin built on, but that is taking longer than he originally expected, so he hasn't take the boat out much at all this year. He has gone out a couple of times Oystering since he invested in some new tongs, also from the Eastern Shore, but no pleasure trips really. (Except for the photo above, that was the first time putting her in the water). So you can only imagine my excitement when he called me this weekend  and asked if I wanted to take a ride on the River to Cobb Island for some lunch.  Didn't. Think. Twice.




Our family LOVES the show "Swamp People"...I wonder if it has anything to do with the resemblance between Capt. Jeb and Capt. Troy...





No comments:

Post a Comment