Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

A Weekend Off


I’m counting my blessings today.  It’s my CWS Friday, and I don’t have a single commitment this weekend. Thank God!  Don’t get me wrong, I love my friends and my family dearly, but sometimes you just need a weekend away from it all.

I slept in this morning and woke up to find that the weather was finally back to normal. Not too hot, not too cold, just perfect. Of course Bubba was out the door by 6:00am heading to Mechanicsville so I took advantage of the empty house and did something I only do behind closed doors.  I cranked up my iTunes, belted out a few of my newest downloads and started cleaning.  The mail lady sat outside the house for longer than usual while delivering my mail, I hope she couldn’t hear me…

Tyler and Allie (my brother and his girlfriend) are both celebrating birthday’s this week.  They are in Florida for school so I bought them some goodies and packaged them up with every intention of mailed them this week.  Work was so busy I didn’t get a chance to sneak out to the Post Office so I figured today would be the ideal time to send it. I hopped on my pink bike and rode up to Potomac Gardens (right next to the PO) only to find the metal window down and not a soul in sight.  Apparently in an attempt to save money, the PO is closed this entire weekend.  Sorry Ty and Al, but your bday gifts are going to be a little late!

Which brings me to where I am sitting right at this moment: The most peaceful and sunny spot I can think of, my front porch.  I can’t think of any other way to start off my relaxing and event free weekend than to be sitting right here, with the seagulls and butterflies.





I hope you all have a beautiful weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment