Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

PBC Fun Fact

Since I've been posting quite a bit about my new Etsy shop, Point Breeze Cottage, lately, I thought I'd share with you a little story about one of the items we sold recently.  Meet our lovely Orange Step Chair:


This little gem still has the original tags on the bottom of the seat from the manufacturer, KROMETAL MFG. CORP. and is dated Nov. 27, 1955.  This bright, and original, orange vinyl was in decent condition that was quickly turned into excellent condition with a little soap and water.  A fresh coat of silver paint on the legs, along with a shot of black on the steps, and this baby was as good as new.



I had a hard time parting with such a unique and vintage piece, even though I reached a point where I wasn't sure I'd have to.  Even in its great condition, and extremely fair price, this chair kept it's spot in our shop for several weeks.  And finally, after numerous emails inquiries and hundreds of views, our orange beauty finally sold to a woman in Los Angeles, CA.  My curiosity (and excitement) was peaked when I began emailing back and forth with the woman purchasing the chair and she told me that she was a set designer in LA and worked on a period television show and that the new season begins in March 2012.

Late 50's?  Period TV show? New season in March?  Mad Men? hmmm...if you are a fan, keep your eyes peeled for this Point Breeze Cottage purchase!

No comments:

Post a Comment