Pages

Monday, December 7, 2009

The Big Apple

December is going to be pretty jam packed for me this year and it's already started out with a BANG! And a good BANG at that. The 3rd - 5th, three generations traveled up the East Coast to the great city that is New York. Marci, my grandmother, Nan, my mom and myself boarded a train at BWI and made our way to Penn Station, where our journey began.


This is not my first time traveling to New York, in fact, I've done just about every winter "touristy" attraction possible. I've been to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and watched the ball drop in Time Square on New Years. It's just something about New York in December that keeps me coming back for more. Maybe it's the lights, or possibly the unbelievably creative window displays donning every store window. Perhaps it's the scarves and peacoats that line the streets, or just the simple excitement and joy that exudes off of every person you pass.


This trip we explored the town, watched the AMAZING Radio City Music Hall Rockettes, ate a superb dinner at The View on the 47th floor that slowly rotates to give you a view of the entire city, bargained on Canal Street, remembered at the site of the World Trade Center, and did some shopping in the beautiful Bryant Park which was filled with unique vendors.


Overall I love New York and will always continue to go back and visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment