Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

They give me hope

Now that Point Breeze Palaver is decked out and ready for winter, there is something I want the blogging world to know:

One of the best things about living in Colton's Point is most certainly my neighbors. They give me hope that America is not all bad, and are living proof that there are genuinely GOOD people left in the world. Now this could be because they are an older couple and are from a different era than most folks today, but regardless they posses the qualities that everyone should strive and wish to have.


You may be wondering what brought on this sudden surge of affection for my sweet neighbors. The fact that I was greeted with a smiling face and friendly wave as I crossed the yard on my way in yesterday is just the beginning. About an hour later I answered the front door, only to find my neighbors standing there with a bouquet of flowers and a tray of Oysters Rockefeller (on the half shell and all)! "I heard that a congratulations is in order," she said with a sly grin on her face as she handed me the cheery red, white and yellow boquet. "You both like Oysters, right? 15 minutes at 375 and 2 minutes in the broiler and your done," he instructed me as he handed me a full tray.


They had heard about our engagement (or possibly saw the act) and wanted to wish us the best and congratulate us. If we had more people in this world who were like these two in the way of caring, thoughtfulness and hospitality, maybe, just maybe it would be a better place. Maybe the human race itself wouldn't be so bitter and thinking the world owes them something 24-7.


There aren't many people left out there like my beautiful neighbors, and to be lucky enough to live next door to them makes us two very blessed souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment