Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

It's that time of year...

Maybe I'm feeling mushy because it's the first day of December and I know that the Christmas season is in full swing, but I really am thankful today. I know what you're thinking, "Thanksgiving was last week, you're a little late..." It's true though, I'm really feeling blessed with the people I have in my life at the moment. I'm lucky to have some outstanding friends, both near and far, who are genuine and truly caring people. People who have been my friend through thick and thin and are each unique and special to me.

I'm glad to say that all of my friends are so very different from one another, but yet all have one common characteristic. They are good friends. What is a good friend? Someone who will text you just to say, "Hey, I'm stalking your life online and am crying because I miss being in SMC-we need to get together" or someone who can play phone tag with me for WEEKS before we actually get to catch up and not care because she knows I suck with phones, or someone I can randomly text about drunken nights/parties that were years ago, and still laugh when she reads the text because she knows exactly what I'm talking about, someone who I can call after not having seen or spoken to them in a few months due to our distance and busy schedules, but be able to pick right back up where we left off, someone who can send me forwards that make me laugh EVERY time and complain that she missed "National Ginger Day" last week or finally someone who can tolerate playing rock band with me and listen to me cheer and perform like we're a real band or something...


To all my friends, thank you so much for being there for me, I love you all very much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment