Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

A Loving Anniversary

When it rains, it pours.

There couldn’t be a truer statement. If you remember from my last post, I was as sick as a dog this past week. I literally haven’t felt that bad since my appendix burst in 7th grade, and then Bubba caught it too. I finally came around by Thursday afternoon, and was thankfully able to take my sister to get a massage for her birthday Friday morning. She’s been more than busy lately too, buying a new house, getting a new puppy, taking final exams, oh and working full time too, so needless to say the massage was a big hit.

I also had another fun adventure planned for Friday. A very close friend of the family had asked me to take some pictures at her parent’s 50th wedding anniversary party that night. How could I say no? It was my first real shot at photography for someone else. It was pretty intimidating even though I knew the majority of the people there. Intimidating or not, I was determined to get some good pictures of this couple. Mary Anne was actually best friends with my grandmother, Sissie, who passed away last June. She was very sick in the months leading up to her death and there were always people coming to see her. But the one friend who sticks out in my mind is Mary Anne. You could see how much she truly loved Sissie and cared for her like a sister. One of the last times I went to visit her in the hospital, Mary Anne was there as Sissie began to tell me about some of the wild and crazy times she and my Pop-Pop had while they were dating, and that they had alongside Mary Anne and her husband Eddie.

There is no doubt in my mind that Mary Anne helped my grandmother through some of the scariest moments towards the end of her life, and for that I thank her. I just hope that some of the pictures I took of she and her big, beautiful family are enough to preserve the memory of their 50th Wedding Anniversary. Congratulations, Mary Anne & Eddie! Here are just a few shots of the Payne’s and their loving and laughing family:

[The lovely couple, 50 years and going strong!]


[With their 5 children]


[Their girls]


[Their boys]


[With their children, grandchildren and great-grandchild! Can you spot him?]


[Cutting into their beautiful and delicious cake]

No comments:

Post a Comment