Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My First Italian Wedding

I’m not sure if Christina and I ever talked about our future weddings growing up, but we did talk about our “band” called Sugar, wanting a Mustang, the New York Yankees, and boys. Christina was my quiet sidekick throughout elementary and middle school and even though we parted ways in high school when she went to Ryken and I went to Chopticon, we still kept in touch. A school dance here and there, a summer trip to kings dominion or her family’s beach house, and even the occasional birthday party, we made the effort to stay friends. Though we weren’t as close as we had been, there was just a comfort between us that allowed us to pick right back up where we left off.

When I think of my childhood, a large part of it involves her family and the good times had with them. Our “band” may not have taken off or topped any charts, but we did both get Mustangs when we turned 16, we still cheer for the Yankees and we still love boys. This past weekend, I was lucky enough to witness the ultimate act of love between she and her boy, James, at their wedding.

Their beautiful, perfect, Italian wedding. I didn’t get too many pictures, but in the few I did get you can feel the passion and love between Christina and her sweetheart, James.


[Sharing a sweet moment during their first dance.  They had a live jazz/swing band as the entertainment who did a fantastic job.]


[Poor Bubba forgot his jacket, but that didn't stop him from enjoying the delicious Hor d'oeuvres.  I couldn't get over the ice sculpture of Cinderella's carriage...perfect!]

 
[Absolutely adorable cake topper that is the ultimate depiction of them.]


[James and Christina both taking part in a traditional Italian dance.  Very cool!]


[With the beautiful newlyweds - So happy for her!]


[Gorgeous.]

No comments:

Post a Comment