Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Point Breeze Review


I have always thought there was something strangely beautiful about a circus tent. The bright colors, shining lights and glamorous costumes it’s quite the show. A show that I can honestly say I’ve never seen. A few weeks ago my mom and I were actually talking about wanting to go to a real circus. And I don’t mean the rinky-dink circus or carnival that rolls through the county every year; I want to see a real circus!


So what has brought on this sudden urge for the big top? I just finished reading Water for Elephants. I admit, I was spurred to read this book after seeing a preview for the recently released film version starring Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson. However, my brother read the book when it first came out and always talked about how good it was so I decided that before I see the movie I would read the book. That way I have something to compare it to and I didn’t want to spoil a good read by seeing the movie first.

A quick and easy read that just about anyone can relate to, the story follows Jacob Jankowski , a would be veterinarian, through the unexpected journey of his life working for a traveling circus. Comedy, tragedy and romance ensue, offering the reader a firsthand account of circus life in the 1920s or 30s.

No comments:

Post a Comment