Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Very Own Winter Wonderland

A year ago yesterday was the day my dear Bubba proposed to me.  I can't believe it's only been a year.  We've done so much in the past 365 days it feels like much longer.  But I mean that in a good way.  It was such a beautiful, cold wintry night last year when my now hubby took me out to our pier, lit with white lights, and dropped down to one knee.

Bubba was in his cousins wedding yesterday, so we didn't really have much time to celebrate our special day, but that's alright.  We got to share it with another new couple who looked beautiful and have a long, happy life ahead of them.

The weather has been fairly typical lately for December.  Nice and cold.  Though today has been dark and rainy, it's supposed to be getting even colder this week, so I'm crossing my fingers for some snow :)  Last week, I was leaving the house just as the sun was setting and I was able to capture our own little winter wonderland.  Between our Christmas lights, the icy water, lovely moon and the unbelievable sunset I was able to capture perfectly what I see as our own slice of wintry heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment