Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Tough Question...

I’ve been awfully intrigued lately by a question posed by MTV’s ‘The Buried Life’.


“What do you want to do before you die?”

It seems like an easy question, but when I tried to answer it I was stumped. I mean there is the obvious answer- travel the world. But who doesn’t want to do that? And it is a lot like an open-ended question with tons of possibilities and adventures stemming from it. To spend a day with my favorite celebrity or artist? No, that would just lead to an overwhelming amount of anxiety and when it comes down to it, they are just people too with daily routines and quirks like the rest of us. Not too overly exciting.

So what is it I want to do before I die? What is that one adventure or experience that I’ve always wanted to take? And then it hit me as I drove to work this morning.

The German Autobahn. Fast. Exhilarating. Skillful.

Yes, that was it. I want to visit the German Autobahn and drive my Volvo S60 up and down that bad boy all day long. It’s so strange, but I love driving. Everything about it puts me at ease and nothing else gives me quite the satisfaction. I even get a sense of accomplishment when I weave through traffic without having to break or when I knock a minute or two off the arrival time on my GPS.

Now that you know my vice and what I want to do before I die, I ask you- “What do you want to do before you die?” Give it some good thought, because it’s really not as easy of a question as you may think.

No comments:

Post a Comment