Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Practically Perfect in Every Way!

Congratulations to my sister-in-law, who gave birth to a beautiful and healthy baby girl yesterday. We were lucky enough to get to visit the precious little babe yesterday evening. All I could think of was Mary Poppins, “Practically Perfect in Every Way” and I’m not just saying that because she is my niece.




Her color was unbelievable, and hardly a scratch on her little face. She had the same little pout as her older brother and the blonde hair to match.

I have to confess, I’m pretty sure the only time I held a new born was when I was about 10 and it probably only lasted for a minute. I’ve always been terrified to hold babies, thinking that I would drop them or hurt them. So last night when I got to hold her I was pretty nervous, especially considering that as she was passed to me she started hiccupping. I thought maybe it was something I did, but everyone else in the room seemed at ease, so it must have been ok.

It’s incredible how tiny babies really are. Their itty-bitty fingernails, their soft barely-there eye lashes and that little tongue that kept making its way out as she would coo and wiggle around to get comfortable. So beautiful. I can only imagine how proud her mom, dad and big brother must feel.

Congratulations to the Smith family on their newest edition. Like I said before, she is practically perfect in every way. And you can guarantee that Uncle Bubba and Aunt Mindy are going to spoil her rotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment