Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Distracted Much?

I have been feeling like the worst blogger ever lately.  I was doing so good and was on such a roll with postings there for a while, but then I just crashed.  And it's not from lack of happenings or events in my life, because I'm busier than ever.  That might actually be the problem, I'm running out of time to blog...Eek!  I'm trying to jump back on the wagon here and get a few posts on the books.

So what's been keeping me so busy lately?  Well, for starters work.  But I'm not complaining.  There is nothing I hate more than being bored at work, so I'm really happy about the sudden abundance of tasks, etc.  But it has been keeping me pretty preoccupied.

Next?  Physical Therapy.  Not something I really thought I'd ever need to do, but back in December I found myself miserable with pain running through my left arm.  I thought it was just my elbow out of place or something, but after a visit to my orthopedic surgeon I found out it was not only my elbow, but my neck as well.  So, at his advice I have been going to Physical Therapy for the past few weeks to straighten things out, literally.

Our family has been keeping us pretty busy too.  But that is the best kind of busy you could ever ask for.  Between family dinners, new babies, future weddings and special anniversaries our families are keeping us on our toes.


 [Two of our favorite family distractions!]


Finally, one of the biggest distractions in my life?  Our house.  Our quaint little cottage that is straight out of a story book...Ok, well hopefully by the time we're done updating and making a few improvements it will be story book material.  Not that it isn't adorable now, but we've got some great projects and ideas we can't wait to get started on.  That's the problem; We can't wait to get started on them, but we have to.  Because our settlement date has been pushed back again!  But now it's set in stone and the house will be all ours in February as long as everything goes as planned.  I've heard so many horror stories about buying homes and how long it takes, but never in my life did I expect it to take THIS long.  I just have to remind myself of how lucky we are to be buying such a beautiful place.


[Here's a little peek at the first of MANY improvements to be done to our little bedroom.  I can't wait to get moving and have some before and after photos for you all to see :)]

No comments:

Post a Comment