Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Free and Easy

Why was I in such a hurry to grow up?  Why would ANYBODY be in a hurry to grow up?

Summer time tends to make me sad sometimes.  It makes me wish I was young again and free to enjoy the summer sunshine to it's real and full potential.  When you are in high school, yeah you might have a job over the summer, but your hours aren't as long, the work isn't as grueling and your ability to stay up past 10:30pm is in its prime.  I want to go back.  Working long hours everyday and only seeing and feeling the sun is through my office window is just plain depressing.


I want to be riding around with the windows down, music blasting and friends laughing.  I want my biggest worry to be what time we'll get to the beach or how I'll scrounge up a few bucks for gas. REALITY CHECK.  I'll be 24 years-old at the end of the month and in order to survive I have to have a job.  Which is truly unfortunate, but the cold hard (and pathetic) truth.  I guess it wouldn't be so bad if it was a job I actually enjoyed or that had incredible travel opportunities, but it's not.  It's just a job.  But like I said, it pays the bills, therefore I must keep it.

So how do I try and "relive" my carefree summer days?  By rocking out in the car on my ridiculous commute home from work every afternoon.  Here's a list of some of the songs that make me want to quit my job, throw my hair up and hit the open road:

1.  California Girls - Katy Perry ft. Snoop Dog
2.  American Honey - Lady Antebellum
3.  Billionaire - Travie McCoy & Bruno Mars
4.  My Chick Bad - Ludacris ft. Nicki Minaj
5.  Half of my Heart - John Mayer and Taylor Swift

No comments:

Post a Comment