Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Taking a Moment

My apologies for the lack of blogging in the past week, but life caught me off guard Thursday, the 17th.   My grandmother, Rose 'Sissie' Marie Morris, better known as Maw-Maw, passed away.  She was ill, with COPD and Emphysema and we knew her time was coming, but when it actually happened no one was really ready for it.  I loved my Maw-Maw for everything that she was:  feisty, loving, honest and loyal.  Her heart truly broke on May 6, 1997 when her husband, and my Pop-Pop lost a battle with Lymphoma.  He was the love of her life, and you could see how much she missed him every day she was without him.  And that is why I know it's ok for her early departure from all of us.  66-years-old is too early to die, but knowing that she has been reunited with Pop-Pop again puts my mind at ease, because there is nothing more that she really wanted.  I love you Maw-Maw, and will miss your wonderful laugh and joking nature!


No comments:

Post a Comment