Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

June Bugs

Ahh, June!


Such a beautiful month.  It's the half way point of the year, summer is officially here, the days are getting longer, and the weather is perfect.  Typically.  The past week or so has been pretty sweltering, what with the unbelievably humid days and the scorching sun, but luckily we've caught a break and had a thunderstorm or two,  knocking out the humidity for at least a couple of days.  Thank God!  I didn't think my hair was going to make it much longer and I was seriously considering corn rows or some kind of braiding to rid myself of the 'wild look/lions mane' I had going on.  I'm actually a little scared to see my engagement photos, since they were taken right after a light rain and I was most definitely getting 'puffy', but I'm sure they'll turn out fine...

June is always the time of year I crave change.  I'm not sure if it's because you go your whole life always looking forward to the month of June because that's when school lets out (unless your one of those unfortunate kids who goes year round), because my birthday is in June, or maybe JUST MAYBE the sunshine and gorgeous weather is so much more motivating.  Or perhaps it's a culmination of all three-quite likely.

It seems like June is also the month of weddings.  Or at least wedding season is in full effect.  It's surely in full effect for me and my family.  My wedding isn't until September, but we're smack dab in the middle of building important pieces, stuffing and addressing envelopes, finalizing decor, and pulling together all the loose ends...which is quite a few at this point.  But it's OK, because I know it will all get done and it will be fabulous.  At least that's what I keep telling myself!  Things have been pretty stressful lately and what I'd love more than anything is to pack up our wedding 'gear and supplies' and find a quiet place away from here for a few days just to knock it all out - no distractions of any kind...now if only I could talk to fiance into this...

No comments:

Post a Comment