Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

So this is love?


I can't help but swoon every time I utter the words, "So this is love...mhmmmhmm..."  Cinderella sings it much better than I, but you get the point.  It's one of my favorite tunes from the Disney classics and it's all I could think of last night.  My other half likes to describe us as 'young people who want to be old' but I just think it's who we are through and through.  After a long day at work for the both of us, a little shopping for our nephew, and a pretty lengthy meeting with the priest who will be marrying us in September, we were both beat by the time we got home.  We picked up a pizza from Murphy's, the country store deep down here in the 7D and finally kicked our feet up for a little relaxation.  Unfortunately, we had come home to a blazing hot house sine our AC unit is apparently broken (and yes it's about 85 in here right now and it's 7:45pm with ALL of the window open and fans on, but who's complaining?!) and had to keep all movement to a minimum in order to stay cool.  After a little TV action I was called out to our front porch only to be welcomed by a few lit candles, a fresh pillow and the most heavenly breeze you can imagine.


As we lounged on the outdoor couch on our porch, sipping our Malibu and pineapples, listening to the waves gently rush against the shore, I thought, "So this is love?".  Anyone who knows me knows I love the water, I always have.  And to me, there is nothing more soothing and relaxing the a cool breeze and the sound of the water.  This moment made me realize how much I truly love our little cottage and peaceful spot by the sea.  It may be removed, and the commute to work may be a pain, but it's nights like this that just melt my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment