Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Thanksgiving Ten (x2)

I had a feeling this was going to happen.  I was so psyched for the weekend I ran out of time to blog on Saturday.  But that's ok, because I'll just conjure up a double dose of thankfulness today.

#4

There is so much to be thankful for on Sundays.  Just the fact that it is a Sunday should be reason enough; but not for me.  Today I am especially thankful for the season of Fall.  There isn't much prettier than the leaves changing colors, the wind drying out and the temperature dropping.  Layers are in style and you know the holiday season is right around the corner.



With Thanksgiving just 4 days away, I have a feeling the next two months are going to fly by.  But I am going to make a conscious effort to enjoy every minute of, because it's my most favorite time of year.  I'm ready for Mariah Carey Christmas songs, beautifully lit trees with delicately wrapped presents underneath, and hopefully a little snow along the way as well...:)



#5

On Saturday, 11.20.2010, my Dad was recognized for his accomplishments during his years playing softball in St. Mary's County and was inducted into the Hall of Fame.  And for this I am thankful.  He truly is a deserving of this award, and I'm not just saying that because he is my Dad.  He was an outstanding athlete his whole life, especially excelling at baseball.  Winning Golden Glove awards in high school and through out the years, he had opportunities to play at a higher level, but chose a simpler life here in St. Mary's, starting a family and doing what he loved, working the water.  So he started playing softball and really made a name for himself as a power hitter and 1st baseman.


He hasn't played in several years due to surgeries and a little thing called life, but he still makes time every now and then to ride down to Capt. Sams and catch a good ball game.  I'm very thankful my dad was honored by the league and inducted into hall of fame, because I can't think of anyone who should be in there more.  Congrats, Jeb!

No comments:

Post a Comment