Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Thanksgiving Ten

#2


It’s just 2 days from Thanksgiving and you want to know what I am thankful for? My family.

Yes, it’s a given, most people are thankful for their families, but not all. Some people aren’t lucky enough to have strong family bonds. But I am, and the holiday season just brings us together that much more. This is my first thanksgiving as a married woman, so not only am I out of the house, but my little brother moved to Florida this year too for school. So Thanksgiving really will be a true gathering of our family back on our home turf; Milestown Oak Lane. :)

Our family doesn’t have any solid traditions for Thanksgiving, but we do have a few things that never change. Typically myself, my grandfather and my brother dress up for dinner. Nothing too formal, but we always tend to dress nicely for the meal, and no matter how hard we try to get everyone else to do it too, someone winds up coming to the dinner table in a denim tuxedo or their comfy sweatpants and apron…but I won’t mention any names. We always say we’re going to watch the Macys parade, but that only lasts for about 5 minutes. And the one thing that we definitely do every year?! Drive my mother insane by standing around in the kitchen while she cooks. It drives her crazy and it never fails, we end up migrating to the kitchen and goofing off with my dad just enough to get under her skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment