Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My Resolutions

I hate making New Years Resolutions, because I never stick with them. I used to have so much self-discipline, but the older I get, the hard it becomes.  However, in the spirit of making it another year, I give you my 2012 Resolutions (that I will try my hardest to keep).

1. Photo of the Day challenge - As you can see in my previous posts, I have challenged myself to a "Photo of the Day" challenge.  My goal is to take a picture everyday in 2012, and post it here on my blog for the world to see.  I truly love photography, especially nature/outdoors shots, so expect to see a lot of those coming your way.

2. Reacquire my physical fitness - Stereotypical resolution alert! Everyone pledges to "lose 20 lbs" or "get back in shape" for the new year, and I suppose I'm no different.  However, I'm going to be taking a new and different approach (at least for myself) to get back in shape.  I don't want to diet, and I don't want to starve myself.  I simply want to mold my body back into the athletic stature that it used to be.  I've got a few health issues against me when it comes to dropping the weight (see PCOS), but I'm determined to eat proportionally and exercise regularly in the new year.

3. Rediscover my passion for fashion - Obviously I'm no fashionista, but ever since I had a co-worker tell me I looked like Pam from The Office, I went into somewhat of a panic.  She swears she meant it as a compliment, because she thinks Pam is pretty, which is fine, but I still think of Pam Beasely's wardrobe as "frumpy" at most.  I always subscribed to Vogue, Marie Claire, and other fashion magazines when I was younger and loved looking through all of the latest trends.  I used to take pride in my outfit choices, but now it's a good day when I simply put a necklace on.  I blame "growing up" and the "real world" for my downward spiral from fashion, along with a little weight gain. However, in 2012 I plan on rediscovering my fashion sense once again!

4. Don't Worry, Be Happy - Bobby McFerrin said it best. This year I want to work on my happiness. There are so many things in the world to be thankful for. I want to take the time this year to recognize all I have and enjoy every second of it.  No more stressing over tedious things.

Well, those are my four solid resolutions for the new year. Will I stick to them? I really hope so.  Good luck to all of you out there in the blogosphere with resolutions of your own, I wish you the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment