Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Photo of the Day

That same paralyzing anxiety hit me as I was about to open the doors to the Chopticon High School gymnasium this evening.  Which is completely bizarre, since that gym was my home for four years.  And I don't just mean because I went to school there; that basketball court was the one place that I was absolutely, 100% confident in myself.  However, if I wasn't going in the gym to practice or play a game of basketball, I was nothing but a ball of nerves.  To say I had social anxiety is an understatement.  Did most people mistake it for snobbery? Yes, but whatever, that's in the past...

Anyway, tonight I paid a visit to my alma mater to watch my cousin, Myles, play basketball for Great Mills High School.  Admittedly, I couldn't help but cheer for the home team. It's like my eye is just trained to see White, Black and Red. My mom looked back at me and said, "That corner never changes much, does it?" nodding at the back corner behind the home teams bench.  As I gazed across the court I saw some very familiar faces, the same faces that always gave me a hard-time almost eight years ago.  "All but one," I said with tears in my eyes.  My dear Mr. O'Donnell was the only face not there, but I'm sure he was smiling down. So, without further ado:

1.4.12 - Photo of the Day




Myles, on the right, and a teammate watch the action on the court, anticipating their turn to play.  It's funny to see him in high school, since I still vividly remember the day he was born, but I couldn't be a prouder cousin of the fine young man he's grown into.  I had to do some editing to the exposure of this photo since gymnasium lighting isn't ideal...I really need to read my manual and learn how to properly adjust my ISO and F-stops...

No comments:

Post a Comment