Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Pinterest Taste Test - Chocolate Chip Cookies

Over the weekend I was craving something sweet, and since we are trying really hard to eat healthier in 2012 there was nothing sweet in sight. And I mean nothing. And then it hit me, I had bought a bunch of baking supplies over Christmas and still had some left.  So what did I do? I rushed over to Pinterest and found the simplest looking recipe I could find for Chocolate Chip cookies. (Yes, I'm that pathetic of a cook/baker that I don't even know how to make cookies from scratch.) Anyway, I found a pin for "Big Chocolate Chip Cookies" from MyBakingAddiction.com and got to work.

When you have to work really hard for your sweets, that cuts out 50% of the calories, right? Right....



The Verdict? Pretty good.  Never in my life did I imagine the words I'm about to type coming out of my own mouth, but they were almost too sweet.  Never-the-less, still yummy and certainly cured my craving for something sweet.  *Also, note to those thinking about trying the recipe - make sure you know the difference between parchment paper and wax paper.  I didn't figure it out until I noticed the cookies smoking a little bit after just a few minutes...Don't worry, we salvaged them and they turned out fine, just a little distorted.

Pinterest, you haven't let me down yet...keep 'em coming!



No comments:

Post a Comment